1. “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead”-Aristotle. Discuss the validity of this statement.
2. Explore the relationship between a developed higher education sector and long-term economic growth?
3. What is the role/function of innovation versus tradition in Nigeria’s development?
All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
* University of Port Harcourt is a NHEF Partner .
Submission Essay Criteria & Procedure
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
• No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
• Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
• Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
• Essays must be 2000 words in length, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
• Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID. The student’s registration ID# must appear at the header section of each page
• Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
• References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
• All entries must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on March 31st, 2016.
The Grand prize winner of the 2016 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition. First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition. Second runner-up will be awarded N50,000 with a year of paid tuition.
Note: Enrollment will be verified with the University’s registrar.
*Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify enrollment of each contestant with the university registrar.